After Diebenkorn (Pythagorean Autumn)
Outside of art-nerd circles Richard Diebenkorn is not very well known. I first encountered his work during one of those languid afternoon art history classes at UC Santa Cruz. It’s not a huge surprise that his abstract expressionism of California lifestyle resonated with my San Diego upbringing. This piece is an homage to his work and the inspiration he gave me.
“With rare exceptions, I respond most to painting that cuts across grain rather than following it. I think the artist here can get in touch with that grain rather than simply feel its flow. And he really can't cut right across it anyway.” -- Richard Diebenkorn
- Image: 8 w x 12 h in.
- Paper: 11 w x 14 w in.
- Limited edition of 32
- Limited edition fine art print
- Gallery quality Giclée archival print
- Paper: 100% archival cotton rag
- Signed, accredited, and numbered by me
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
- This artwork is sold unframed
- Ships in 5-7 business days
- Timestamp: 2016-07-21 23:21:05:034